Monday, August 22, 2022

But But

 

The word “but” is a coordinating conjunction used to connect ideas that contrast. We differentiate between genuine faith and dissimulated doubt, between winning and losing ground in everyday battles, by how we routinely use this tricky "but."

We tend to think and say:

- "The Lord is my Shepherd, but... I can't pay my bills."

- "The Lord is my Shepherd, but... I am not feeling well."

- "The Lord is my Shepherd, but... I am worried about this/that issue."

Instead, we should think and say:

- “Currently I cannot pay my bills, but the Lord is my Shepherd."

- “Right now I don’t feel well, but the Lord is my Shepherd."

- “I am really worried about this/that issue, but the Lord is my Shepherd."

You prepare a table before me…

My cup runs over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me

All the days of my life.”

 

Is He still your Shepherd?

No comments:

Train Up vs Train Down

  Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. Prov.22:6. If our children see us putting ot...